In a few short days, my sophomore year of college will be over. As much as I complain about how much I need a break and how ready I am for summer, I really don't like how fast college is going by. I can honestly say that these past 2 years have been some of the best of my life. I've made some of the best friends I've ever had, worked with a group of people that have become a family, and learned alot about myself.
When I first came to school my biggest worry was what my roommate would be like and if I would find a core group of friends, similar to what I had in high school. I was the only one from my graduating class to come to UNCW so I was literally alone. God definitely blessed me with the most amazing roommate, Joy (Joy to the World, Joyful), I could have ever asked for. We are total opposites in alot of aspects but we just click. Love her, love her family (all 9 of them!)
I also had some great girls and guys on my hall. Two, in particular - Courtney & Lena, are people that I consider the best of friends. These past few months, Lena & I have spent time everyday of the week together - working and gym time - and a good chunk of every weekend together -- time usually devoted to girl talk and watching wedding shows on TLC. I'm so, so glad we're living together next year! And Courtney, she's just the best. We've led a group of 3rd grade girls each Sunday at Port City Community Church this year and have had such a great time. We really clicked last year when living across the hall from each other and became church buddies. :) This girl is such an inspiration to me in my faith and my walk -- I'm so thankful to have her in my life.
Looking back, I think coming to a school, where I knew no one, was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It made me jump out of my comfort zone and really meet people. Had I come to school with some of my best friends from high school, I don't think I would've branched out as much and been able to build the amazing friendships I have now. Nothing will ever replace the laughter and smiles we've all shared throughout the past 2 years. While I don't want the time to fly by, I look forward to seeing what the next 2 years of college bring for all of us & where we will all end up after.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment