Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep

I have a whole playlist of "mellow/bedtime" songs on my iPod that I listen to to help me fall asleep, so I'll list a few of my faves.

Shelter [originally by Ray Lamontagne] - Kelly Clarkson
As we all know by now, I love Kelly Clarkson. I'm pretty sure she has a song for just about anything. Her vocals on this are just so subdued and calming -- perfect for relaxing and sending me into sweet dreams.

"You will shelter me, my love, and I will shelter you."



Breathless [originally by Better Than Ezra] - Taylor Swift
I know alot of people don't like T.Swift and claim she has no talent/can't sing. I happen to love her and I think she nails this song. It just fits her voice and is super soothing.

"I'll never judge you; I can only love you
Come now, running headlong into my arms
Breathless"
I definitely just realized both of those are from telethons for worldwide disasters. Apparently, I have some liking for musical performances from that type of thing. Maybe it's the fact that you can feel the yearning in their voices and they're not done for "show" & performance value. I'm a total sucker for anything acoustic and mellow. Whatever it may be, it works for putting me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment