So, this is the continuation to the last blog..detailing the friends who have been in chapters of my life. This is all about my girls..the ones who I've grown up with..some that have come & gone..others who are still around. :)
Cody is the very first friend I remember making when I started kindergarten. From kindergarten up until the end of 4th grade when she move, we were pretty much inseperable. I'm pretty sure we were at each others houses almost every weekend and were simply part of each others families. Even though we've only seen each other once since she moved, we still keep in contact (thanks to facebook) and I know we could easily pick up right where we left off whenever we have the chance to see each other next.
Kayte B! Kayte & I met in first grade...and she was jealous because I got to take Accelerated Reader tests and she didnt, haha. We're opposites in many ways..she's definitely opinionated and will let you know what she's feeling. I, on the other hand, tend to be quieter and don't want to cause arguments. One of my favorite memories is the summer we went to WV to visit Josh N. We left to come home & I happened to fall asleep. When I woke up, I kept thinking nothing looked familiar and then I started noticing signs for Ohio. Sure enough, we had been driving the wrong direction for about 2 hours. We couldn't help but laugh about it. And high school was pretty much filled with Kayte coming to my house to take naps. And another thing I'll never forget, the night she backed into my dad's police car..because she didn't see it?! Although we've had our ups and downs through the years, Kayte is still one of my best friends. :)
Megan: We met in 5th grade. She had just moved from Florida the previous school year and instantly clicked. From 5th-8th grade, we were pretty much inseperable. We would spend hours on the phone talking about anything & everything, spend every weekend at one another's houses, spent some holidays together, and went on vacation. Sadly, Megan moved to Raleigh the summer after 8th grade. Lets just say there were many tears shed when goodbyes came around. Thanks to facebook, once again, we still manage to keep in touch & see each other occasionaly.
Allison: Best friend! High school simply would not have been the same without this girl. To say we were attached is probably an understatement. I'm pretty sure we spent nearly everyday together..and every weekend. Allison pretty much knows everything there is to know about me. Even though we don't see each other nearly enough now...we can always pick up right where we left off.
High Schools Girls -- Emily, Hailey, Lindsey, Lindsay, Kasey, Brittany Z, Brittany T -- These girls are simply the best ever. Our weekends were spent together having girls nights, pool parties, "trashing" cars, and just doing whatever. We still hang out everytime we're all home and have the best of times together.
And now onto college....
Joy [Joyful, Joy to the World] aka the best roommate a girl could ever have. My biggest worry coming to college was that I would have a terrible roommate. That was pretty much shot down the moment the 2 of us met. We clicked instantly..and are so insanely alike, yet different. I'm sooo blessed that we were randomly placed together freshmen year. Without Joyful, college would not be the same.
Lauren. Thank you Kelly Clarkson for bringing us together, haha. And for randomly meeting each other. This girl is my other half, my biffsy, partner in crime, and roadtripper. I feel like I've known her forever..yet it hasn't even been 2 years. We've had so much fun together -- driving to Ohio & Georgia [[atlanta..never again]]. I can't wait to see where we end up.
Courtney. I thank God for putting Courtney across the hall from me last year. She's my church buddy..the person I can go to just to talk..bake cookies with..and color. :) She was the best "across the hall" neighbor freshmen year & I'm so glad we get to work together every Sunday at PC3.
And last, but most definitely not least...
Michelle: Seriously, how did I just meet her in March of last year. I'm pretty sure she knows more about me than some of the people I've known most of my life. She's one of the most caring, generous, supportive people I know and I know she's going to make an amazing teacher (or a great sidekick in the music business ;). I'm convinced we share the same brain most of the time. I love our nightly chats..filled with sharing quotes and youtube videos. :) I can't wait for this summer & the many memories we will continue to make!
So, there you have it. My friends who have made my life what it is. The ones I couldn't live without!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment